Honey is a natural remedy for sore throats and a powerful energy booster. It’s no wonder it gets all the buzz. Our pollinator gardens, visible from the roof of Chatham Park Water Recovery Center’s (WRC), are home to over 250,000 honey bees. The North Carolina cooperative extension was used by our landscape artists to select the eight hives in the garden, as well as trees, plants and bee-friendly perennials. As our pollinator garden grows, we’re doing our best to take care of these tiny workers and provide them with the best home, while harnessing the many health benefits this delicious remedy can provide.
The Benefits of Honey
There are a host of benefits that come along with a spoonful of honey:
Improves the digestive system
- Provides a natural way to detox your body
- Keeps your body hydrated
- Promotes a restful sleep
- Reduces scars and blemishes
- Aids in weight loss
- Strengthens your immune system
- Gives you a boost of energy
- Is an effective remedy for a sore throat
- We know what you’re thinking, that’s a lot of benefits! Mixing the antimicrobial with water will give you even better results. Warm honey water can be used to restore balance to the body by flushing out toxins.
Why You Should Shop Local for Your Honey
Consuming local honey is a great way to support local agriculture–it’s sometimes the only reward that small-time beekeepers get for their efforts–as well as ensure you’re getting the highest-quality product. Local honey is also good for allergy relief! Watch out! You might even be able to taste honey made by the Chatham Park Bees in the near future. Check out our local farmer’s markets for local honey.
MOSAIC at Chatham Park Farmers Market
- | select Sundays on the Philip H. Kohl MOSAIC Family Commons from 2 – 5 PMFearrington Farmers Market
- | Tuesdays, in Fearrington Village from 3 – 5 PMThe Pittsboro Farmers Market
- | Thursdays at Main Street Stations from 3 – 6 PMChatham Mills Farmers Market
- | Saturday afternoons on Hillsboro Street starting at 12 PMIncorporating Honey into Your Diet
You may be asking yourself, the health benefits of honey are exciting, but how do I incorporate it into my diet? Honey can be easily incorporated into your daily life by adding it to tea in the morning, or sprinkling it over yogurt. Honey water is good for weight loss, digestion, hydration, immune system strength, allergies and more.
At Chatham Park we’re committed to sustainable living. We offer eco-friendly initiatives, conservation resources, and more to our local community and residents. Chatham Park is a lifestyle that you may be interested in. Discover the beauty of a sustainable way of living on the 7,068-acres of our community.